Wednesday, May 25, 2011

DPoSED Experiment: Day One

Let me start by saying that this is actually a day late.  The experiment actually started yesterday, but I forgot to take pictures/post an entry for the beginning.  Off to a good start, no?  But, for now, let's pretend I posted this yesterday, and switch tenses to the present.

Today was a bit of a lazy day; I stayed in bed relatively late, as I was still pretty exhausted from my trip to Chicago the week before.  I got a call from work, which went to voicemail (I was asleep when they called).  They wanted to know if I could come in early; I considered calling back and telling them that I had class until 2:40, which would prevent me coming in early, which wasn't really the case, but I was tired.  Ironically enough, I later found out, upon checking my schedule, that today was my first day of school, not the twenty-fifth like I had thought.
Due to my sleeping in, I ended up running a bit later than I had intended for work, and so in my dash to leave, rather than picking something cool to wear for my first day of the experiment, I grabbed a my pair of previously un-worn Airwalk Kicks Highs.  These are pretty much generic Converse All-Star knock-offs, and are the second version of these that has been produced (the originals had a different pattern on the rubber strip on the front of them, and had a different sole pattern).
Work was relatively boring; we were running 900's, and the paint line was screwing up somethin' fierce, so much so that it had to be shut down twice (not that it did any good; the parts were still running like crap, long into third shift I'm told).  I also learned that some changes had occurred while I had been away: Martina transferred to first shift across the street, Jeff (the originator of the infamous Jeff-bomb) and our floor-person Nick both quit, and the remaining foremen have been switching around like crazy.  I was also asked by Area Manager Nick if I was interested in becoming the floor person for second shift.  I'm considering doing it (we'll see how well it goes this time around).
My day ended with Ash, who was enthusiastic about my starting this experiment when I first described it to her, coming over to the metalizer and stating, quite matter-of-factly, "Those are horrible shoes! They're an abomination! You should just burn them."
Ash is so tolerant of knock-offs of her beloved All-Stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment