Wednesday, May 25, 2011

DPoSED Experiment: Day Two

Today was my first [second] day of Logic class.  I had originally told my dad to make sure I was out of bed at seven in the morning, as I was positive I had to be to class by eight (much in the same way I was positive that today was my first day of class).  Upon returning home from work last night and reviewing my schedule, however, I came to the realization that I didn't have to be to class until noon.  Hurray for sleep.
I scribbled an explanatory note stating I would wake up at ten-thirty and taped it to my door at eye level, figuring it would keep me having to wake up at such an un-godly hour.  Unfortunately, my dad has trouble reading billboards from two feet away, so my text wasn't large enough and I ended up getting woken up anyway.  Upon returning to sleep, I was once again woken up by my mother calling to ask if I could come and drive them home, as they had decided to walk a mile or so to breakfast, neglected to bring umbrellas, and it was currently pouring rain.  All in all, an eventful morning.
On getting ready for class, I found myself still reeling from Ash's outright rejection of the pair of shoes I had chosen to begin my experiment with, so I opted for something that catered more to her interests: The Nightmare Before Christmas.  These shoes were sold at Hot Topic circa 2003 or so (the style should be a bit of a hint, I'm trying to recall when this style was popular).  I had initially intended to do a whole red-and-black theme for today, but then I recalled that it was abnormal-lower-garments Wednesday, and that it was cool enough outside to comply with it, and so I wore jeans.  I suspect I looked drably normal entering class today.
My Logic professor is quite the character; he's got a huge mess of hair that he keeps tied up in a sort of pony-tail (though it's really too big a mass to count as such), and he's definitely got some strong opinions on certain subjects.  I also found out that I had already missed my first homework assignment, so I have that added on top of the double-section homework assignment we were assigned today.  Yippee.
I found myself feeling kind of detached from the rest of the class, as the majority of them seem very on top of current events and politics, and I've been admittedly out of touch with these things lately.  Hopefully this feeling will subside as the class goes on, as the study of logic does very much intrigue me, and I would love to be able to contribute something to the class; time will tell.
Class got out a bit later than it was supposed to, so I didn't leave campus until around 2:50, just enough time to go straight to work.  M2 was running 757s today, which, despite the mind-numbing amount of time you spend standing idle, actually seem to make the day go by pretty quickly.  I suspect it has something to do with each door being between ten-and-a-half and eleven minutes long.  Area Manager Nick came and asked me if I had decided to be the floor person or not shortly before he was scheduled to leave, to which the head of Plant Two quality objected, saying "He can't do that! Who else is going to certify my parts?!"
And so the offer to become second shift quality got put on the table.  I think I'm going to stick with floor person for now; Erin went straight to quality, and she ended up messed up beyond comprehension.  I'm not much for making the same mistake.

No comments:

Post a Comment