Monday, November 23, 2009

My Mind's Gettin' Away From Me

Not that this is news to anyone aside from me, but, ehh, that's life. I just downloaded about every version of the song "Save It For Later" I could find, and not all of them are the same song, but it's a good exploratory exercise that generally broadens my musical horizons. Right now it's the version by Splender... good song. Also, I'm about to go to bed for today... a little odd how I'm suddenly getting hungry at around four-thirty at night and am wide awake until about eight-thirty-ish, but I suppose I shouldn't be overly surprised by this; I do work midnights, after all.
On that note, Larry the foreman got fired on Wednesday, so now we've got Shawn the foreman, who is probably younger and a lot less experienced, but he's being better received than Larry was (found out he was "probably German" and "likely a nazi" from the gossiping of my fellow operators, so apparently he was pretty bad). Long story short, I've been trained on machine M3, which is the metalizer (and the only one in plant one, though they have three in plant two). This means that now that I've been trained on it, I'm likely doomed to operate it for a long while. This may not be the case if employees keep dropping out like they are, though... three people fired and four on the verge of it in the past week. Fun stuff, considering one of the "on the edge" ones just started two days ago.
Nixie and myself went to The Rainforest Cafe for dinner today, as per my promise that we'd go there upon my receiving my first paycheque from Hick's. It was a little strange, as the last time I ate there it was with my parents; never realised how expensive that place was. We also went and saw the final performance of the Romeo Theater Company's production of "Alice in Wonderland", which wasn't bad (and they had a cast of a hundred and forty-six people, plus the crew... I've never seen a high school production that big before). Other than that, I don't really remember much of the day... went on the Orion drive at around three-ish.
Also, as Khira mentioned something about getting lost in the fog, it was rather spectacular. I believe it was Friday night, but when I pulled onto Industrial (the road where the factory is situated), it was so thick that I couldn't see more than two or three feet in any direction around me; we need more foggy days like that. Fog is the best for drivin' (maybe not for driving, but definitely for drivin').

Also, I believe my torso just went upstairs without me. That could prove problematic.

No comments:

Post a Comment