Thursday, December 10, 2009

HaHA! Crackers.

... have absolutely nothing to do with this post. I did, however, snag the last pack of cheese n' peanut butter crackers from the vendin' moe-sheen a couple nights ago... though I don't think anyone was too broken up about it. Jackie and Rob have also decided to "accidentally-on-purpose" forget to give me breaks as of late, due to having accidentally done so twice this past week. Now they just wait until I start to look a touch worried that I've been forgotten about about, and then Rob comes up and says "No breaks today, Ryan. Jackie said to work you like a dog." and so I says, "'kayy..." and Rob looks dismayed that his clever tactic didn't work so well.
But, since I seem to always blog about what I did at work, I'm not gonna today... mostly because everything I could say I've probably said already (though it's pretty much confirmed that I get two weeks off for Christmas this year, starting December 23rd). I'm still employed is I guess the important part, anyway (also, Khira has applied, so maybe she'll get to join in the fun soon, anyway). I've also got to go out and get my mother a license plate frame for Christmas today... not sure why she wants one, but that's what my dad said, so I might as well get it (and it's a lot cheaper than the steam cleaner I was considering getting her... especially since she'd probably use it twice and then put it in storage). So that'll be one other Christmas present I actually buy for someone this year.
It's gotten increasingly harder for me to formulate lists for people as the holidays approach each year, I've noticed... and now I've got not only my own family asking for a list from me, but also Nixie's mom asking. The heck is the deal here? My own family (not including relatives) pretty much got two things to work with: the three volume set on the Grand Unified Field Theory of Classical Quantum Mechanics, and a T-mobile phone card. Nixie's mom might get a short list including lots of goofy fun things that I don't have and probably don't need, but I'd be better off with in the long run. The rest of the family, well... I'm sure I'm going to get two bags of microwave popcorn and a sun-visor CD-holder from my Aunt (same thing I've gotten the past three years from her... nevermind that I don't have a CD player in my car), and probably money or something from the grandparents. I'm not eligible for presents on my mom's side of the family because I'm over eighteen, and according to my aunt (mom's younger sister), once a kid reaches age eighteen, they don't count any more. My mom's side of the family is full of bitchy-types, I tell ya...
Anyhow, that's about all I can think of to yammer about for now... aside from my nose feeling like it's been cemented shut with mucus... lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment