Friday, December 11, 2009

'Primavera' Means Peas.

I know this to be true, because no matter how appetizing that pasta primavera dish on the menu looks, it always comes to you with loads upon loads of unmentioned, often times hidden, peas. Little green balls of vegetable yicky that you were not expecting when you ordered that dish that looked so good not more than fifteen minutes prior (if it takes longer, then it's a busy day, and as such you should tip accordingly). Of course, I know this now, but I still make the mistake of ordering the primavera from time to time just because nothing else on the menu looks all that good and so I end up with peas. I don't like peas (of course, if the place is clearly not busy and the order still takes over fifteen minutes, you should also tip accordingly, and inspect your food for stray bits of stuff that oughtn't be in there (peas not included)).
Also, they put peas in fried rice; you can see them if you look hard enough and you're getting it at the mall. If you're getting it at a hole in the wall, though, you may have to ask to inspect the fried rice before you order it, otherwise you've committed yourself to a whole chinese takeout box thingy of rice with hidden peas that are darker than those found in the previously mentioned primavera, and this is not a good thing to do. Of course, if you like peas, then I hate you and you should probably stop reading all my carefully thought-out tips on how to avoid eating the hidden peas of life.

Also, I got to work at plant two last night.

Sometimes, on cold days, I stand on the roof and fish for cattle; once in a great while I eat a head of cabbage for no reason in particular.

2 comments:

  1. It means 'spring', hon. Like, the season. They use the 'fresh vegetables of spring' to flavour it... hence, peas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, it means peas.

    Because I am right.

    ReplyDelete