Monday, October 26, 2009

Just A Few Thoughts

Firstly, I have to record down another odd dream I had last night (more like unpleasant, though not necessarily bad). Seems like the dreams I have involving my room swarming with insects are usually the most vivid, leaving me to wake up in a cold sweat, eyes darting all over the room trying to find all the bugs crawling all over the walls that had been then moments before. Yech.
I don't recall how it started, save to say that I was working on some sort of MegaMan-powersuit-type figure and I needed to add directional exhaust vents to the chest and back. I didn't feel like using epoxy-putty, so I was looking for stuff that looked close that I could just glue on. This led me to a "nature collecting kit" that was probably around eight years old. It contained samples of leaves and roots and insects, all sealed in small plastic containers, and meant to be inspected or whatever. The kit also contained some grey plastic pieces (I assume they were meant to aid in displaying the containers) that had the basic shape I'd been looking for (I was going to have to paint them yellow before gluing them on). I grabbed a handful of them, and in doing so, managed to bump one of the insect containers, and what looked like a cross between a cockroach and a very large winged ant crawled out and onto the floor, followed shortly after by a big centipede, and then all sorts of bugs started crawling out all over, so I slammed the lid shut and taped the box closed so no more could get out. At this point, the majority of the bugs were the same as the first that had crawled out (no spiders this time... thank goodness), and I pretty much just saw them as cockroaches. They were crawling all over the ceiling, sticking towards the edges where it met the wall and the corners of the room. There was also a large black mouse or rat crawling around on the walls as well, which didn't really strike me as odd at the time.
After a period of unsuccessfully trying to smash some of the insects, a girl who I don't remember very well (knew her perfectly well in the dream, but m' drawing a blank on the face now), came in and started helping me get rid of them. I believe she was joined by a younger boy and they were both standing in front of a door that would have replaced one of the windows in my room, and lead out to a balcony. They were either squashing them on the windows, or using a spray... or both. After killing a few, several birds that looked similar to pigeons flew up and started throwing up on the opposite side of the window. The last thing I remember is an elderly gentleman slumped over in a plastic deck chair on the balcony, with the pink bird vomit running down his face (this, too, was a familiar face, though I've no clue who it was now).
That being said, the rest of my day went quite well; attended to my physical, which was the final step in my new employment, and the entire process probably took about eight minutes tops. I then proceeded to turn in all of my necessary paperwork at Hick's Plastics, took my operations and procedures quiz, and was told I start November 9th (as my employment at 7-Eleven goes until the seventh). I'm quite excited to start, as this seems much more up my alley than the convenience store clerk business; kinda wish I could start sooner. But, alas, two more weeks of mumbling cigarette customers, unpleasant regulars, odd lottery tickets, morning coffee rushes and The mad dash to make sure the taquitos aren't burnin'. Oh, and my older sister wants a picture of me in my smock... yippideedoo.
The only other item of the slightest bit of importance was that I had my first walk-out class in my college educational history; English professor never showed up, so all eleven or so of us that had actually turned up signed a sheet of paper for attendance, dropped it in her mailbox, and that was that. It's an awkward feeling, I must say.

No comments:

Post a Comment