Wednesday, October 14, 2009

What Day is it Again?

Three days in a row of working the graveyard shift at 7-Eleven has taught me a lot about the concepts of sleep and time-shift. Firstly, after that third day, sleep starts to seem like it's the best thing ever; I've probably gotten about fifteen hours of shut-eye over the past day, and those who know me know that this is quite an accomplishment, to be sure. Secondly, my insistence that the day doesn't officially "start" until eight in the morning isn't widely accepted during the night shift; night becomes morning at around three-thirty now (though I still have the habit of telling people "good morning" when they come in, and then turning around and saying "have a good evening" when they leave). Lastly, it gets damned boring until about five in the morning; I need to figure out how to make my fingers respond faster than my brain if I'm going to ever be able to handle the morning coffee rush, because these people get damned impatient; if the line gets over four people long, people with papers just start throwing money at you, apparently. On the plus side, not a lot of cigarette sales. Unless the bar just got out, then you get a few people looking for wine-flavoured cigarellos (and a curious fellow with bloodshot eyes asking Nixie "where the trees at?")
In other news, Taco bell has finally decided to recognise the goth plight and come out with a suitably themed taco (and for only eighty-nine cents!):
Behold, the BlackJack Taco. The only thing that makes it different from a normal taco is that it has mozarella cheese along with I think cheddar and colby, and there's a pepperjack sauce on there. Oh, and the shell is friggin' black... almost forgot that bit. Nixie's not a huge fan of the sauce, but the fact that there's a black taco is pretty awesome.
Lastly, I've started playing an online MM RPG, mostly due to seeing the advertisement for it too many times whilst watching anime. Adventure Quest Worlds is a browser-based Flash RPG, and is by the same people who created Adventure Quest and Mech Quest. It's also cheesy as all git, has really lacking animation, and the attacks are pretty monotonous, but at least it's not FarmVille. Whether or not I'll really ever make it past level four and be able to do some serious damage (without paying the twenty bucks to make my account "cool" and allow me to have cool-looking weapons) remains to be seen, but it's keeping me out of trouble for now. Let's just hope there's no pizza delivery place in this one... though that seems to be their thing with these games.

No comments:

Post a Comment