Monday, September 21, 2009

Cedar Point and Some Good News in Gaming

This past Saturday I got to go to Cedar Point (again... this is like the third time in three months), except I think I only went on about five rides the entire time. This was due to two circumstances; we got there late, and it was a Halloweekends weekend. Getting there late isn't so much a reason why we didn't get to ride on much, though, as the line lengths kinda prevented getting on any of the good rides with any sort of haste (hell, the Mean Streak had a half-hour line, and that's rare). We were also there to experience the haunted houses that are only open a few times a year, also; what with Halloween not being a year-round thing and all. I went in one of the haunted houses years ago when I went with my family, and I remember being outright terrified by them, so I was a little bit skittish about going in them again, but I figured that I knew well enough that it was going to just be a bunch of people in costumes that I wouldn't really have too much to worry about.
Turns out they're a lot cheesier than I remembered; most of the people are right out in plain sight, and don't make much effort to scare you, and the ones that do are usually conveniently hidden by a strobe light or a wall and jump out shaking a can of beans or something; Nixie wasn't much impressed. Of the four we went in, the one that was themed like a toy factory was probably the best (and not just because it had a long hallway of dolls urinating that you had to avoid). I also learned that Nixie makes it a point to try and best all the people in the houses; this gets annoying after she stops to have a conversation with one of the people in costume for about the umpteenth time, and you're really not in the mood for her antics.
So, after a day of that, I was sitting around yesterday having a look at the new Game Informer, and I noticed two previews that caught my eye. The first was a short glimpse at the upcoming Fable III (frak yeah, Fable III), which is once again set in the future of the past game, and looks like you'll have to be a king this time (not really my thing, but the Fable series has been good for me, so I'll get it for the sole reason that it's Fable). The second is one that I didn't expect to come out at all, let alone for the 360: Magnacarta 2:

Which had originally come out for the PC eons ago. It doesn't look like Calintz is going to be in this one, but as I didn't really expect a new one to come out, I'm just glad to see that the franchise isn't dead. There's also a pretty innovative battle system contained in it, so I'm all in all quite pleased with these few future offerings.
And, as I won't generally voice any enthusiasm for upcoming gaming releases, this is big news.

No comments:

Post a Comment