Friday, September 18, 2009

Lotta Weird Dreams Lately...

So, it seems like ever since I posted about having a dream a while back, I've actually been having dreams I can remember, it's a little odd. Not sure if something in my head just clicked into "save mode" once I decided I should record my dreams, or if I just never noticed before, but for the past two nights, I've remembered my dreams.
The previous night was another school-based dream, once again probably high school, and my math teacher was Duff Goldman from Ace of Cakes. There wasn't really much to it other than I couldn't get this one math problem (in fact, seemed no one in the class could), but I was the only one who had copied the problem right, so the fact that I got it wrong still made me feel like an idiot when I reflected on it later. Anyhow, the problem was explained to me, I got it, and then I woke up.
Last night was a little different; this one was more of a movie-based dream (a space-horror movie, to be exact), and I'm pretty sure it was a recent film, because I knew that something bad was going to happen if they did certain things, so I was doing my best to try and prevent it. I think it had Jodie Foster in it (though the actual movie probably didn't) and maybe Morgan Freeman... Some big name actor, anyway. Anyhow, they found this cassette-looking thing on this abandoned space ship in the cargo hold, I think, and I knew that if they tried to force it into the player, it would break and all hell would break loose, so I kept trying to keep them from putting it in the player. I knew that the tension over the whole thing was building, but it didn't seem like a dire situation, and I finally snatched the cassette away and threw it someplace where I figured they wouldn't be able to find it, which was probably a lousy idea in retrospect, because I think that ended up breaking it, and now I couldn't get to it to use it to solve any problems.
Luckily, right then I woke up and didn't have to worry about any weird alien things or whatever was going to come out of it. Oh, and I think Jodie Foster was running around video-taping ghosts before the whole thing happened... doing her usual "I'm obsessed over something to a fault" routine.
I'm starting to hope I forget my dreams again soon, otherwise I might actually believe Khira when she tells me I'm losing touch with reality...
In the meantime, Lego bricks for eyes:

1 comment:

  1. That's one of the creepiest things I have ever seen, Ryan. I think it would be *less* creepy seeing someone holding said Lego brick eyes by the optic nerve... but that's not my taste.

    Also, if you wake up and consciously (or unconsciously) try to remember your dreams right after you wake up, you tend to remember them better; maybe this blog thing really is why you're remembering them.

    The word I used to authorize was 'pressin.' The hell.

    ReplyDelete