Tuesday, September 22, 2009

If The World Were Black and Grey...

So, I was in the middle of editing Nixie's History paper, and I was listening to the song "Day After Day" by Inward Eye, and there's a part towards the beginning that sounds like it says "what's black and grey" (I've since learned that all the lyrics websites put it down as "what's black and gay"). I found it to be a bit inspirational, as most of the time the world is viewed as largely black and white, with a grey area for middle ground. And so I thought to myself, how would the world be if it were only black and grey?
- Bright white printer paper would be a figment of your imagination
- There wouldn't be a spectrum of colour that you could reveal by passing white light through a prism
- White supremacy would seem rather foolish
- Children wouldn't get their PB & J on white bread
- There wouldn't be a whole lot positive, what with only the negative and middle ground covered
- Sin City would be a non-fiction documentary ('cept for the coloured bits)
- Oz would look the same as Kansas, just lots more overly-dressed little people
- Colour television sets would make about as much difference as whether a burned out light bulb is turned on or off
- All photography would be what is considered "artistic" nowadays (even though "artistic" photography is just how people who can't draw it justify themselves as being artists)
- Rainbow Brite would've never come to save the Color Kids
- For that matter, Murky and Lurky would still be terrorizing the countryside in the Grunge Buggy
- I'd probably be too miserable to come up with all this crap

Until next I get inspired while I'm supposed to be doing something else...

No comments:

Post a Comment