Sunday, June 5, 2011

DPoSED Experiment: Day Nine

While it's true that today was Saturday, and shouldn't, technically, be counted as a DPoSED day, one must take into account that I was sick yesterday, and we had work today anyway.  And so I've finally managed to get myself caught back up to the present (there's only one person who is going to care xP).  I was feeling remarkably better today, and actually managed to get out of bed at a reasonable hour.  Nixie is up in Ludington for the weekend with some of the Chicago group, and I'm sure they're enjoying themselves.  I wanted to go, but work kind of prevented that.
On that note, we had three people not show up today (I lied, Ash, I said only two, but I forgot about the new guy), and so by default I was on the metalizer, since we had no one else to run it.  The whole day seemed kind of out of whack, though.  I'm not sure if it was the lack of people, me not being used to working on Saturdays anymore, Ash coming in four hours early, or a combination of them, but it just seemed really off.  I started with my usual floor routine; got boxes and such ready, trained Mitco on a job that I'd never run before myself (thankfully he learns quick and has the ability to figure things out as needed), and then ended up running the metalizer once we realized we were, indeed, three people short (and even with them, we were still three people short for all the jobs they wanted running).  I also volunteered to stay over again today, since I missed yesterday completely and I wanted to make up for it.
Interestingly, I ended up on a job I've never run before, and there were only three of us for third shift; two of which spent more time sweeping and tidying than running their machine on account of the heat being so much that it starts screwin' with our technology.  I was not one of those two.  Also, a note on the heat: it was bad.  The fan in the breakroom was all you had to look forward to.
Today I decided to keep to my theme and wore another pair of my Skechers, this time ones I assumed were suitably themed to the gawdy surf-shop t-shirt I was wearing.  Ash remarked that they, also, were kind of plain, and that they were also kinda girly (not really sure what I'd do without Ash's daily commentary).  I think she put it as "Are you sure you got those in the guy's section" to which I my only response was "honestly, I don't think most of my shoes have come from the guy's section.  I go with what I like, not with what gender its meant for."  It felt good, sticking to my convictions like that.  I only hope I can keep that in mind while I attempt to work out this whole deal with Nixie.  I have a feeling the end result is going to be considerably less pleasing than I want it to be.

1 comment:

  1. Your post really helped me to understand the topic. It has great details and yet it is easy to understand.That's what i was looking for. I will definitely share it with others.Thanks for sharing.
    Essay Papers

    ReplyDelete