Wednesday, June 8, 2011

DPoSED Experiment: Day Ten

Monday.  This is the first time in a while I've started a week on a Monday.  Last week it was Memorial Day, the week before I was coming home from Chicago, and the week before that... I think I actually worked that Monday before departing for Chicago for the entire week.  So, two weeks since I've started the week with a Monday.  It felt normal, I guess.  A little lazy, but normal; I think I slept in until around noon-ish, did very little, and then was off to work.
I put a bit more of myself into running the floor today.  I think last week I got so pre-occupied with not being there that I just sort of shrugged it off as something I didn't want to do, but in all honesty, it's not so bad once you start to get the hang of things.  I still don't much care for the lack of material handler to get skids and so forth taken care of, but it keeps me busy, and that's really the only important part.
It's getting hotter, and as such, things are running worse.  Machines keep going up and then down, and it seems like it all starts going wrong when we get there.  This makes for some odd break arrangements, as some people are available to help give breaks during one break period, and then they all need to get breaks the next.  Hopefully they get the A/C fixed soon, but I'm not going to bet on it any time soon.
Today I wore my black SKX Skechers, the same shoes I wore for probably the first five months I started working at Hicks.  They felt familiar, and maybe that's why I felt like I was starting to get the hang of things with the floor stuff.  Ash commented that she thinks she just doesn't like white shoes, since, while these are still kind of plain, she likes them a lot better than the ones I've been wearing.  I suspect it has to do with my lack of white attire to balance out the overwhelming white-ness of some of my other shoes.
Tomorrow begins school again; let's hope I'm not horribly far behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment