Sunday, June 5, 2011

DPoSED Experiment: Day Six

Today was my first day as Floor Person on second shift.  Today I also decided not to go to class because I was still a bit tired from the barbecue.  Hopefully I can get myself caught up on my homework, and figure out what to do about the "shmest" we were supposed to have today.  I guess I'll cross that bridge when we come to it.
Being that it was my first day working in a position I worked pretty hard to get, I decided I'd wear the shoes that I worked pretty hard to modify for use as my work shoes (I hardly ever wear them to work anymore >.<).  As I suspected, training people as the floor person is a difficult and time-consuming process, one that usually isn't finished when you say, "So, you think you've got it?  Okay, I'll check back in about ten minutes and make sure you're still doing alright."
This is usually followed by going back, and them having parts strewn about everywhere.  We'll see if my patience can take it.  I also found out that Nick and everyone else expects me to just know what I'm doing now that I've got this position; if I was still in Plant One, sure, I'd know what jobs require what, and where all the totes and packaging are.  In Plant Two, however... it's new to me.  I also know far fewer of the jobs here than I think Nick thought I did, as I spent a good amount of time having the operators train me so I could break them and not screw their jobs up entirely.
All in all, a tiring, but somewhat eventful day.  We'll see how tomorrow goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment